After the Lighthouse VM has been deployed using your chosen hypervisor, you must set and confirm a root password using its VGA console before networking is enabled.
Once the root password is set, initial boot completes and Lighthouse is assigned one or more of these network addresses:
- A dynamic IPv4 address obtained via DHCP
- The static, self-assigned IPv4 of 192.168.0.1/24
- An IPv6 address obtained via SLAAC
You may now login to Lighthouse using the root account, at any of the above addresses, to access:
- Web UI: web browser using HTTPS (for example https://192.168.0.1)
- CLI: SSH client (for example ssh email@example.com)
Complete the initial setup steps as detailed in the User Manual then proceed with Node enrollment.
Note: If you wish to set an initial IP address from the CLI, refer to this article.