After networking has been activated, Lighthouse is configured with two default network connections on its primary network interface:
|Name||Config Location||IP Address|
|default-conn-2||system.net.conns||Auto assigned, DHCP client|
In the case where there is no DHCP server and/or you are unable to access these addresses, you may set an initial IP address from the VGA console:
- Using your virtualization tools, open a VGA console to Lighthouse
- Login to the Lighthouse CLI as the root user
- Start the configuration REPL with:
- Run these commands to set the static IP address, replacing the example addresses with your own:
set system.net.conns.static.address '192.168.123.100' set system.net.conns.static.netmask '255.255.255.0' set system.net.conns.static.gateway '192.168.123.1' set system.net.conns.static.dns1 '184.108.40.206'
- Optionally disable the default DHCP client with:
set system.net.conns.enabled false
- Apply configuration and exit the REPL with:
Note: If the address is not assigned, run ifconfig net1. If this returns a Device not found error, the virtual NIC has not been detected – please check your VM settings.