There are a number of ways to contact Opengear's technical support team, if you should encounter an issue or have a query that requires their attention.
Before doing so, it's important to generate a technical Support Report. The Support Report contains information that enables the support team to troubleshoot and expedite the solution to your support issue.
Generate the Support Report on the device(s) experiencing the issue, before changing any configuration and (wherever possible) while the issue is ongoing. When an Opengear support team member asks you to try a new configuration that does not appear to have solved the issue, or the nature of the issue changes, generate a new support report with your reply.
Note: Most sensitive information such as passphrases are redacted from the Support Report, however if you have security concerns please do review the contents of the report before submitting it to Opengear.
To generate a Support Report and view your serial number:
Using the web UI
- Login to the Opengear web UI as root or an admin user
- Click Status -> Support Report – this page may take several moments to load
- Click the Download support report link to save the report as a zipfile, or use your browser to highlight the page content (e.g. select all) and copy and paste it into a plain text file
- Your device Serial Number is displayed in the Feature Set section of the report
Using the CLI
- Login to the Opengear CLI as root, or as an admin user and become root with sudo -s
- Run the following command to generate the Support Report file:
- Using scp, WinScp or similar, copy the Support Report text file to your computer from its location on the Opengear device: /etc/config/support_report
- Run the following command to display your serial number: