The software in Opengear products is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and treaties, and is provided for use under the terms of the following licenses:
- Lighthouse VM End User License Agreement (Appendix C, Lighthouse VM software appliance)
- Lighthouse Standard/Enterprise End User License Agreement (Appendix C, Lighthouse hardware appliances)
- End User License Agreement (all Opengear console server and management gateways)
- JSch License (SDT Connector only)
- GNU General Public License (See below)
- Wireless Driver License (Products with 802.11 wireless)
Most components of the software in Opengear products are licensed under the GNU General Public License (version 2). You may obtain a copy of the GNU General Public License at www.fsf.org/copyleft/gpl.html.
Opengear will provide source code for any of the components of the software licensed under the GNU General Public License upon request. This code will enable you to create a firmware image for each Opengear console server.
The CGIs (the html code, xml code and web config tools for the console server), the PortManager application and other config tools are proprietary to Opengear.