The Delayed Config Commit mode is available on all IM4200, ACM5500 and ACM5000 advanced console servers with Firmware V3.2 and later.
This mode allows the grouping or queuing of configuration changes and the simultaneous application of these changes to a specific device. For example, changes to authentication methods or user accounts may be grouped and run once to minimize system downtime.
- Check the Delayed Config Commits button under System: Administration
- Click Apply
- The Commit Config icon will now be displayed in top right-hand corner of the screen (between the Backup and Log Out icons)
To queue then simultaneously apply configuration changes:
- Firstly apply all the required changes to the configuration e.g. modify user accounts, amend authentication method, enable OpenVPN tunnel or modify system time
- Click the Commit Config button. This will generate the System:Commit Configuration screen displaying all the configurators to be run
- Click Apply to run all the configurators in the queue
- Alternately click Cancel and this will discard all the delayed configuration changes in the queue (and all these configuration changes will be lost)
Note To disable the Delayed Configuration Commits mode:
- Uncheck the Delayed Config Commits button under System: Administration and click Apply
- Click the Commit Config button in top right-hand corner of the screen to display the System: Commit Configuration screen
- Click Apply to run the systemsettings configurator. The Commit Config button will no longer be displayed in the top right-hand corner of the screen and configurations will no longer be queued