To send an SNMP trap as the Trigger Action that is to be taken in the event of the trigger event:
- Click on Send SNMP Trap as the Add Trigger Action on the Alerts & Logging: Auto-Response menu
- Enter a unique Action Name and set the Action Delay Time (how long -in seconds- after the Auto-Response trigger event to wait before sending the trap)
Note: The SNMP Trap actions are valid for Serial, Environmental, UPS and Cellular data triggers only (e.g. a trap can be sent when any user connects to a nominated device, or a high temperature is sensed, or on reaching a low battery threshold on the UPS).
A trap will be sent to the Primary SNMP Manager target server (and others) that you have configured.
The current SNMP trap MIBs are:
- OG-CONNECT-MIB - trap sent when a user connects or disconnects from a serial port
- OG-FAILOVER-MIB - trap sent when a the network connection switches to failover
- OG-HOST-MIB - trap sent when a user connects or disconnects from the nominated Host or when a Slave connects or disconnects from the applicable UPS
- OG-PATTERN-MIB - trap sent when a regular expression is found in the nominated serial port's character stream that matches the specified regular expression
- OG-SENSOR-MIB - trap sent when the load on a nominated PDU outlet or EMD temperature/ humidity or external smoke alert crosses a trigger threshold
- OG-SIGNAL-MIB - trap sent when the specified signal (DSR, DCD or CTS) changes state on the nominated serial port
- OG-UPS-MIB - trap sent when the nominated UPS power status changes between on line, on battery, and low battery
Note: Some new SNMP status and trap MIBs were created in firmware versions 3.10.2 and above, to provide more and better structured SNMP status and traps from the console servers. However there is an option to Use Legacy Notifications for the SNMP traps. Setting this option means the console server will send the older SNMP traps that are compatible with those sent in older firmware before the new MIBS were added - ensuring that the firmware upgrade won't upset existing SNMP management a user will already have in place.
Refer https://opengear.zendesk.com/entries/32422199-New-status-and-trap-MIBS for more details.