The Lighthouse central management software (CMS) can schedule commands to run on one or more Managed Console Servers. So network engineers can automate remote firmware upgrades, and system administrators can lock out nominated user access to the managed console servers and attached managed devices on specific sites.
- Select Manage: Command Console Servers to display the list of Managed Console Servers that can be commanded by the current user. These are the console servers on which the current user has 'admin' group privileges
Note Only if the current user has 'admin' group privileges on a console server, are they deemed to be allowed to command that console server
- Check to select the Managed Console Server(s) to command
- Select the Command to schedule:
- Reboot: Soft reboot the selected console servers
- Shutdown: Halt the selected console servers. After being shut down, manual intervention in the form of a physical power cycle is required before the console server becomes available again
- Firmware Upgrade: Perform a firmware upgrade, loading firmware from a given http:// URL, e.g. http://www.opengear.com/firmware/acm500x-x.y.z.flash
Note: It is important that the correct firmware file (i.e. one which matches the particular device type of the Managed Console Server) is uploaded. This is especially important when uploading firmware on multiple devices. Failure to do so could result in the need to net boot the device to recover which in turn requires physically visiting the device
- Modify User: Specify the Username to modify, the Modification to apply. Currently supported Modifications are Lock Account and Unlock Account where Lock Account prevents a user from logging in to the console server itself, or accessing Managed Devices using SDT Connector via the console server. Use Unlock Account to undo this modification.
- Click Schedule Command. The results of the schedule commands are displayed under Monitor: Services in the Status Information of the Managed Console Server's Console server command