Once you have setup the virtual modem dialpool, there are two ways to initiate a dial connection from a dialpool modem to access a configured Managed Console Server:
The Configure: Dialpool page on the Lighthouse CMS allows you to manually select a specific modem from the dialpool and dial:
- Select Configure: Dialpool and select any modem in the virtual pool
- If the modem is already in use (Dial Remote Console Server reports Modem Status: Dialling), then simply browse for a free modem in the pool
- Select a preconfigured Console Server to Dial from the drop down list, or enter a new Number to Dial with authentication details
- Hit Dial
- You will now be dial connected to the Managed Console Server and you can access it and its Managed Devices through the Manage: Access Console Servers page
Alternately, with software V4.3 and later, the Manage: Access Console Servers page includes an extra column for dial access which will automatically select a free modem from the pool and dial:
- Select Manage: Access Console Servers. This will show, for each managed console server, if it has been setup for dial access, and if so, the current status.
- Buttons are provided to either dial the console server (if disconnected), or disconnect a currently dialled connection.
- Once connected you can browse to the Managed Console Server or use the in built Web Terminal to telnet to serial port connected devices etc.