Here's a summary of how Lighthouse licensing works.
Defined period and renewals
- When you purchase a Lighthouse VM you are granted a license to use it in perpetually
- Each license has an "active maintenance period" associated with it (1 year) and software support / feature upgrades are only available from Opengear while the annual maintenance is active
- Keeping the Lighthouse maintenance current (i.e. renewing the maintenance before or as the current maintenance active period expires) attracts a discounted renewal price - see part numbers beginning with OGLH-LREN-xx
- If you let the active period expire, Lighthouse will not stop operating or have any impaired functionality - however you will not receive any software support or upgrades
- If you downloaded Lighthouse software for evaluation or demonstration purposes, you are only granted a license to use it for 30 days
- Lighthouse is available as a virtual appliance
- The Lighthouse VM virtual appliance (part numbers beginning with OGLH-VM-) may be run as a guest under your Linux KVM or VMware server
- Lighthouse licensing is tiered to cost effectively manage up to 5000 Opengear devices, i.e. the designated number of Opengear CM, ACM, or IM devices that Lighthouse may manage
- The tier is shown by the number in the part number, e.g. OGLH-VM-100 supports 100 managed appliances
- To support growing installs, you may "step up" to the next tier (e.g. 100 managed Opengear to 200 managed Opengear) by purchasing an add-on 100 pack license
- The Lighthouse VM virtual appliance can support up to 5000 managed Opengear appliances.
- Every Lighthouse license may be run on up to two appliances in a redundant configuratio.
- This means if you order a Lighthouse VM virtual appliance, you may install a second virtual appliance for redundancy with no additional cost
- Virtual appliance licenses are bundled with maintenance for the first year.
- For convenience, you may pre-pay for additional years of maintenance when first ordering Lighthouse, i.e. one full license for the first year and two renewal licenses for the second and third years, simply by purchased the OGLH-VM-XX plus qty 2 - OGLH-LREN-xx
... and for full details please do read the License Agreement
- Lighthouse VM End User License Agreement (Lighthouse VM software appliance)
- Lighthouse Standard/Enterprise End User License Agreement (Lighthouse hardware appliances)