Your Opengear appliance can monitor the status of its temperature and humidity sensors (in attached EMD environmental monitors or embedded in the ACM5000/5500 itself). It can the status of any sensors (smoke detector, water detector, vibration or open-door sensor) that are connected to the EMDs (or attached directly ACM5000/5500-I/E models).
The Auto-Response facility (in all console servers with Firmware V3.5.1 and later) monitors nominated ports/ devices / probes/ states for Check Conditions to trigger action sequences.
Refer faq410-Environmental-Checks.html for details on configuring humidity or temperature levels as the trigger.
Note: Before configuring Environmental Checks as the trigger in Auto-Response you will need first to configure the Temp and/or Humidity sensors on your ACM5000 /5500 or attached EMD. Refer faq308.
Environmental Alerts (pre V3.5.1 firmware)
The basic Alert facility provided in firmware revisions pre V3.5.1 monitored the status of the console server and connected devices for specified alert events, which would then email an Alert message to a nominated email/SMS address, or send an SNMP trap or notify a monitoring Nagios server. You can set trigger conditions for each sensor and when an alert event is triggered, a notification is emailed to a nominated email address or SMS gateway, or the configured SNMP or Nagios server is notified.
- To add an EMD alert select Alerts & Logging: Alerts and click Add Alert
- Enter a Description for the new alert you are configuring and nominate the email address for the Email Recipient and/or the SMS Recipient be notified of the alert
- Select from the list of configured devices the Applicable EMD and/or Applicable Alarm Sensor(s) that are to be monitored for this alert trigger
Next you must configuring the trigger levels for the environment sensors:
- Select Environmental Sensor Alert to activate and specify which Sensor Type this trigger level applies to (Temperature, Humidity ... and for UPS/RPC you can specify Power Load and Battery Charge triggers here)
- Set the High and/or Low Set Points at which Critical alerts and/or Warning alerts are to be sent (Temperature is set in Degrees Centigrade and Humidity as a Percentage). You also can set the Hysteresis to be applied before resetting these alerts.
If Alarm Sensor(s) are to be monitored then you can also set time windows when these sensors will not be monitored (e.g. for a door open sensor you may not wish to activate the sensor alert monitoring during the working day)
- To activate these alarms click Apply
Note: Before configuring Environmental Checks as the trigger in Auto-Response you will need first to configure the Temp and/or Humidity sensors on your ACM5000/5500 or attached EMD. Refer faq308.