Opengear console servers running firmware v3.11 and above now support Tripplite PDU's over a serial interface, for PDU's running firmware version 12.06.00061 (or similar):
- Configure the RPC as you normally would for a serial RPC:
- configure the type of serial port that is connect to the RPC as 'RPC'
- go to the 'RPC Connections' menu and click 'Add RPC'
- Select the serial port that the RPC is connected to
- Select the RPC Type 'Tripplite PowerAlert Engine Version 12.06.0061'
- Set a name for the RPC, the number of outlets on the RPC, and a description
- Enter the username and password for a user that is configured on the RPC and has privileges to control outlets
- Enable logging if you want to log the RPC state *OR* if you wish to obtain the outlet states by SNMP polling the Opengear console server (also requires that you configure the SNMP service on the console server).