IM7200 models (Shipped before 4/16/2019) and the ACM5504-5-G-W-I model have an internal 802.11 WiFi adapter and are supplied with an external WiFi antenna. The WiFi can be configured as a Wi-Fi Wireless Access Point (WAP) or as a Wi-Fi client. The inbuilt WiFi is inactive by default.
If you wish to use the WiFi facility you will first need to attach the WiFi antenna.
Before powering on the IM7200 or ACM5504-G-W-I:
- For IM7200, screw wireless antenna on to the WIFI (MAIN) SMA connector. The IM7200 has a second WIFI (AUX) connector for diversity. Requires an external antenna (part # 569022)
For ACM5504-5-G-W-I screw wireless antenna on to the main WIFI (M) connector. The ACM5504-5-G(V)-W-I has a second WIFI (A) connector can be used for diversity and requires an external antenna (part # 569011)
Note: The custom ACM5003-W model also has an internal wireless adapter, however this can only operate as a client.
To activate and configure the Wireless Access Point functionality, navigate to the System: IP page and then click the Wireless Network Interface tab
- Select the Wireless Network Interface tab on System: IP and un-tick the Disable box
- Select Wireless Client in the Wireless Settings section - which will make the Wireless Client Settings section visible
- Select DHCP or Static for the Configuration Method
- If you selected Static then manually enter the new IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway and DNS server details. Thisselection automatically disables the DHCP client
- If you selected DHCP the device will look for configuration details from a DHCP server on your management LAN. This selection automatically disables any static address. The device MAC address can be found on a label on the base plate
- The wireless LAN when enabled in client mode will operate as the main network connection to the device so failover is available (though it not enabled by default). Use Failover Interface to select the device to failover to in case of wireless outage and specify Probe Addresses of the peers to probed for connectivity detection
- Configure the Wireless Client Settings to select the local wireless network which will serve as the main network connection to the device:
- Select the Country the device is to operate in
- Enter the appropriate SSID (Set Service Identifier) of the wireless access point to connect to
- Select the Wireless Network Type where Infrastructure is used to connect to an access point and Ad-hoc to connect directly to a compute
- Select the Wireless Security mode of the wireless network (WEP, WPA etc.) and enter the required Key/ Authentication/ Encryption setting