Email alert notifications when triggered are sent with Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). To configure SMTP:
- In the SMTP Server field in the Alerts & Logging: SMTP&SMS menu enter the IP address of your outgoing mail server (and secure connection type and alternate SMTP port # - if applicable)
- Enter a Sender email address which will appear as the "from" address in all email notifications sent from this console server
- Enter a Username and Password if your SMTP server requires authentication
- Select an Authentication Method (Login, Automatic, Plain, CRAM-MD5). This allows authentication to be overridden should auto detection fail.
- If this SMTP server requires a specific subject line, you can specify the Subject Line that will be sent with the email. Generally the email subject will contain a truncated version of the alert notification message which is contained in full in the body of the email body