You may restart your Opengear device with a reboot (soft reset), all configuration settings will be preserved across the reboot. All network connections and user sessions will be terminated.
For details on how to return your Opengear device to factory defaults (hard reset), see this article.
Note: While the Opengear device's configuration filesystem is designed to be resilient against power failure, it is generally better to use the reboot procedure described below than forcibly removing and reconnecting power.
- Login to the Opengear web UI as root or an admin group user
- Click System -> Adminstration
- Check Reboot
- Click Apply
- Login to the Opengear CLI as root, or as an admin group user and become root with: sudo -s
- To reboot immediately, run:
- You may also set delay timer in seconds to schedule a reboot:
reboot -d 300 &
- To cancel the scheduled reboot run: