There are two methods available to backup and restore Lighthouse settings and state:
1. Lighthouse Backup / Restore Feature
- Navigate to "Settings > System > Configuration Backup"
- Choose if you would like to encrypt your backup.
- We suggest you do as the backup often contains sensitive data.
- If you would like to include any additional files in your backup, such as scripts you have installed on the server, include them under the Advanced section.
- Click "Download Backup" and save the file.
- Navigate to "Settings > System > Configuration Restore"
- Locate the file you downloaded when backing up.
- If you chose to encrypt the backup, you will need to enter the password
- Select Restore Backup
- Lighthouse will restore the backup and any included user files and then restart.
2. VM snapshot or clone
Since Lighthouse is a virtual appliance, you may use its VM hypervisor's built-in capabilities to make a copy of the current Lighthouse instance.
This method saves both the configuration and the current running state of Lighthouse, for convenient rollback or migration to another VM hypervisor.
Please refer to your VM hypervisor's documentation for specific instructions.
Article is closed for comments.