LogZilla is the leader in delivering real-time, intelligent network insight, enabling network teams to identify problems preemptively and solve them automatically. LogZilla is certified and available for the Opengear NetOps Automation platform.
LogZilla for NetOps Automation leverages distributed Operations Manager nodes to store, deduplicate and forward log messages from remote networks over secure and resilient Lighthouse VPN, to the Lighthouse head-end, for centralized visualization, analytics and alerting.
An install script has been developed to centrally orchestrate the installation of LogZilla on Lighthouse and nodes.
Note: The install script requires that Lighthouse and nodes have access to the Internet.
- Login to Lighthouse CLI as root, or become root by running: sudo -i
- Download the install script from Github:
git clone https://github.com/logzilla/logzilla-opengear.git
- List to check the nodes on which you will install LogZilla, using one or more node-command style node selection arguments, e.g.:
node-command --list --smartgroup='Branch Nodes'
node-command --list --node-name=om2200.dc1.corp.com --node-name=om2200.dc2.corp.com
node-command --list --all
- Once you're happy the selected list of nodes matches the nodes you want to install on, run the install script with your preferred selection argument from the previous step, e.g.:
bash /etc/config/logzilla-opengear/install --all
- Installation takes approximately 5 minutes
- After the script completes, check you can browse to the LogZilla web UI at:
Install on nodes only
To install on nodes only, e.g. after enrolling a new node you wish to use with LogZilla, run:
LOCAL_INSTALL=false bash /etc/config/logzilla-opengear/install --node-name=om2200.dc3.corp.com
Install on Lighthouse only
Running the install script with no arguments installs on Lighthouse only.