NetOps Modules are activated by an optional add-on license to Lighthouse. License installation and module activation is entirely controlled by your central Lighthouse instance.
The NetOps Module licence is installed on Lighthouse and contains a preset number of available node activations. Each supported node that is activated for the NetOps Module Provisioning, consumes an available activation; Lighthouse itself does not consume an activation.
Installing the NetOps Module license automatically activates module on Lighthouse, at which point the NetOps Automation platform deploys the central module software components, including the module's UI, to Lighthouse.
The process of automatically or manually activating a NetOps Module on a node deploys the remote module software components to that node, securely over Lighthouse VPN.
At a high level, the steps to install a NetOps Module are:
Activate the NetOps Module on Lighthouse
- If you're not already running Lighthouse:
- Install the Lighthouse VM
- Login to the Lighthouse web UI as root or a Lighthouse Administrator
- Install the Lighthouse node licence (SKU OGLH) under SETTINGS > System > Licensing
- Obtain a NetOps Module licence (e.g. SKU nom-prov, nom-sdi) and install under SETTINGS > System > Licensing
- It will take a few minutes for the module to activate on Lighthouse, view progress under CONFIGURE NODES > NetOps Modules > Manage Modules
- Refresh your browser and note new module-specific menu items are now available under CONFIGURE NODES, e.g. Device Provisioning or IP Access
- Nodes may now be automatically activated for the module as they enroll, or manually activated after enrollment
Automatically activate the NetOps Module on all nodes
In this mode, when a license is present and activations are available, all nodes are activated for the module as they enroll.
- Check and apply CONFIGURE NODES > NetOps Modules > Manage Modules > Module Name > Always Activate
- To activate a new node, enroll it into Lighthouse
Automatically activate the NetOps Module on selected nodes
You may selectively activate the module on a subset of nodes using Enrollment Bundles. Only nodes enrolling using one of these bundles will be automatically activated.
- Uncheck CONFIGURE NODES > NetOps Modules > Manage Modules > Module Name > Always Activate and click Apply
- Select CONFIGURE NODES > Node Enrollment > Enrollment Bundles and add a new bundle (you may also edit an existing bundle)
- Enter a bundle Name and Token, and choose whether or not to Auto-Approve enrollment
- Scroll down to NetOps Modules and add the Module Name
- Enroll the node to Lighthouse, specifying the Enrollment Bundle Name and Token
- Lighthouse-initiated manual enrollment (e.g. clicking the Add Node button in the Lighthouse web UI) does not support bundles, you must use a node-initiated enrollment method
Manually activating the NetOps Module on nodes
To activate nodes manually after enrollment, use the following steps:
- Ensure CONFIGURE NODES > NetOps Modules > Manage Modules > Module Name > Always Activate is unchecked and applied
- Select CONFIGURE NODES > Configuration Templating > Apply Templates
- Under NetOps Module Activation choose the Module Name and click Next
- Select the nodes to to activate and click Next
- Refresh to ensure preflight checking is successful, then click Next
- Refresh to ensure activation is successful
Note: Once a node is activated for the NetOps Module, the activation is consumed by and locked to that node. Unenrolling the node returns the activation to the available pool.