Opengear NetOps Automation is a platform for running applications that automate the configuration and operation of network infrastructure in data center and remote edge locations.
NetOps Automation leverages Opengear's remote presence and proximity to infrastructure by allowing software applications to run directly on top of the out-of-band management fabric.
The platform comprises of these parts:
- Lighthouse software: The central management interface and automation controller
- Managed Devices: Target network infrastructure to automate, e.g. network switches from Cisco or Cumulus
- Nodes: Remote management appliances, connected to managed device management NICs via Ethernet, and/or managed device consoles via RS-232 or USB serial
- NetOps Modules: Software components that automate specific operational scenarios (e.g. network device provisioning), deployed as Docker containers on Lighthouse and/or Nodes
NetOps Modules currently available:
- The Software-Defined Infrastructure module provides central VPN access to the remote IP networks reachable by nodes
- The Automation Gateway module discovers and provides central proxied access to remote IP-based management services, such as device web GUIs and RESTful APIs
- The Secure Provisioning module turns a node into a ZTP server and day one gateway router, allowing a new network to be provisioned remotely, securely and automatically