Follow these steps to deploy Lighthouse VM in a Microsoft Azure environment:
- Download and Extract the lighthouse-XXX.azure.zip file
- Log in to the Microsoft Azure portal at https://portal.azure.com
- Under Azure services click the Storage Accounts
- Create a new storage account.
- Navigate to the newly created storage account, click storage explorer and create a new blob container.
- Upload the vhd image provided within the lighthouse-XXX-azure.zip file (ironman-azure.vhd)
- Go to images
- Create a new image.
- Choose the boot disk by navigating to the storage explorer and selecting the vhd disk image.
- Go to the newly created image and click Create VM.
- Ensure the selected image is correct.
- Choose the desired virtual machine instance size.
- Enter the details for the Microsoft Azure admin user with either password OR SSH key authentication.
- Do not create a username separated by hyphen local-admin or mixed case such as LighthouseAdmin as it will not be accepted by Lighthouse. Use simpler usernames such localadmin or lighthouseadmin
- Initial deployment password should not use the semi-colon ";" or dollar "$" characters. We suggest you use the "@" character instead
- If SSH key authentication is selected, the user will be created without a password and will be unable to access the UI.
- To login to the Lighthouse UI, login via SSH with key authentication and configure a password using the ogpasswd utility. I suggest using alpha numeric character passwords with this utility and then set a stronger/complex password once you are logged in via the GUI.
ogpasswd -u root -p MySecretPassword
- Select the inbound ports enabled for the Lighthouse instance (SSH, HTTPs, and optionally HTTP).
- Navigate to the next page of configuration (Disks) and select the desired storage option for the boot disk.
- Go to the Review
- After validation passes, click Create.
- Go to the Virtual Machines page, select the virtual machine and open the Serial Console. Lighthouse should now be deploying on Microsoft Azure.
To allow nodes to enroll in Lighthouse, you will need to add the following firewall rules in the Microsoft Azure virtual machine control panel:
- Go to the virtual machine configuration and select
- Add a rule to allow UDP connections from any source to port 1194 on the instance's internal network address (10.0.0.x).
- Add a rule to allow UDP connections from any source to port 1195 on the instance's internal network address (10.0.0.x).
- HTTPs and SSH should already be allowed from the initial setup If not, add them.
- Confirm that the Azure instance public IP address has been added to external endpoints in Settings > Administration.