If you are using firmware 19.Q2.0 or later, you can set the IP and Subnet of LH device using the ogsetnetwork.sh script on the command line interface. This allows you to quickly configure the initial IP without having to learn how to use ogconfig-cli.
The only two required arguments are address and netmask. Everything else is optional.
root@lighthouse:~# ogsetnetwork.sh --help
Usage: ogsetnetwork.sh [Use options below to configure a static IP]
-a, --address Static IP address to set
-n, --netmask Netmask for IP address
-g, --gateway Network gateway address
-d, --dns1 Chosen DNS server #1
-D, --dns2 Chosen DNS #2
Here's how to use this script:
- Connect to the VM Console.
- Access the LH Command Line Interface.
- Run the script with minimum required options address and netmask. For example:
/usr/bin/ogsetnetwork.sh -a 192.168.0.1 -n 255.255.255.0 -g 192.168.0.2 -d 192.168.0.50 -D 192.168.0.51
- Check your IP using the command below, where xx.xx.xx.xx is the IP that should be configured:
ifconfig | grep xx.xx.xx.xx
- You can now access Lighthouse at this IP via GUI or SSH.
Note: This script should only be used on Primary Lighthouse. It will not work if Secondary Lighthouse are enrolled.
Article is closed for comments.