Operations Manager system upgrades are distributed as raucb files. All Operations Manager models share a single, unified upgrade file.
From the web UI, you can load the raucb file and performs the upgrade either from your machine's local filesystem or from a remote HTTP or HTTPS server (e.g. the Opengear downloads site).
Step by step
- Login to the Operations Manager web UI as an Administrator or root
- Select (i) System from the top right and note the current version
- Select CONFIGURE > System > System Upgrade
- Either upgrade directly from a remote file server:
- Select an Upgrade Method > Fetch Image from HTTP/HTTPS server
- Enter the Image URL, e.g.:
- Alternatively, upgrade from a local file:
- Download the raucb file to your machine, e.g. from:
- Select an Upgrade Method > Upload Image
- Select Choose File and browse to the local raucb file
- Select Perform Upgrade
- The Operations Manager writes the upgrade to its storage and reboots, this typically takes a couple of minutes
- Login again and note the updated version
Automatic configuration migration & fallback
Configuration settings are maintained (migrated) when upgrading firmware. If the Operations Manager detects an issue with the new firmware image or migrated configuration it will fall back to its pre-upgrade firmware and configuration.
While you may downgrade to a previous version of firmware, configuration migration is not supported and you must erase configuration and reconfigure.
Under Advanced Options > Upgrade Options, enter: