With the 20.Q3.0 release of Lighthouse, we have introduced our MessageBus feature set. This feature set brings along the ability to integrate the Opengear Network Resilience Platform with 3rd party tools.
The very first integration that we have provided is to Zapier. To enable and start using this integration please follow the steps below.
Please note the following:
- These steps will change once the Zapier team publishes the Opengear Lighthouse Zap in their repository.
- This code disables TLS certificate verification. If this is a concern for you this can be removed, assuming your Lighthouse is running with a valid SSL certificate on the web server. The relevant line can be found in authentication.js, where the NODE_TLS_REJECT_UNAUTHORIZED flag is disabled.
- Lighthouse Enterprise version 20.Q3.0 and above is required to use the Zapier Integration
- An account with Zapier is required to use the Zapier Integration (Visit https://zapier.com/sign-up/ to sign up)
- Documentation regarding the CLI tool which would be used to import / use the provided source code can be found at https://platform.zapier.com/cli_docs/cli
To enable the integration please follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you have npm installed on your local computer.
- Install the Zapier CLI from your local command line tools (Terminal / Powershell / etc)
- run 'npm install -g zapier-platform-cli'
- Log into the Zapier CLI using your Zapier credentials
- run 'zapier login'
- Install the Lighthouse Zap using your local command line tools
- Change Directory to where you have saved the zapier directory
- run 'npm install'
- Register the Opengear Lighthouse Zap
- run 'zapier register Opengear_Lighthouse'
- Push the zapp
- run 'zapier push'
- Once the app is pushed, you can check if it was successful by seeing if it is listed on the link https://zapier.com/app/developer
- If the app is listed, you are ready to use it to integrate with Lighthouse by going to https://zapier.com/app/zaps and creating new zaps. You can search for the lighthouse app with the name that it was pushed with.