Lighthouse 2020.Q3.0 is Generally Available.
Fixes and Features:
- Add improved UI for viewing consolidated Node and Port information
- Add support for system notifications, with Zapier as the initial integration.
- More information can be found in this FAQ article; https://opengear.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048367371
- Add support for more effective and extendable disk management in Lighthouse, utilising LVM
- Add UI for viewing results of system tasks, currently supported are registrations, enrollments, and configuration retrieval
- Add support for enrolling Digi Passport devices
- Improved REST API performance and stability
Opengear are aware of the following product specific issues with this release:
- The number of nodes connected to a secondary Lighthouse will be listed as unknown if the connection between the two Lighthouses is broken.
- If a remote authentication server is configured, but it is down, there may be a delay or a failure in authenticating local users via the web UI.
- When applying configuration templates, ensure the set of nodes you are pushing to is a small number (<50), large pushes can take a long time to complete.
- Due to improvements in the network validation routines, please check the correctness of network settings before upgrading. Specifically if a device is being assigned the same address both statically and via DHCP, this will now cause validation failures which may result in an upgrade rollback.
- Virtual Machines with less than 8GB of RAM may exhibit some instability, and may fail loading a firmware upgrade file via the web interface. We recommend at least 8GB of RAM for Lighthouse.
- If the Lighthouse VM is configured with IPv6, but the network it is attached to does not support/provide IPv6 addresses, the web interface may show the IPv6 address as "undefined/undefined".
- There is a known issue where SNMP information may not be displayed under specific circumstances for a node. Re-enrolling a node will now fix this.
NOTE: To support the improvements required for disk management, this version of Lighthouse requires a new 20.Q3 virtual machine to be deployed and a configuration backup and restore from at least 20.Q2.0 onto the new virtual machine.
From this release onwards, the supported upgrade path will be from the last major release (or patch release of that major release) only. This will generally be from the previous quarter.
Please see the User Manual below for details on how to upgrade.
Full release notes are available at:
Images and checksums are available under:
REST API documentation is available under:
User manual is available under:
Article is closed for comments.