Using Automation Gateway's Device Access feature, Lighthouse users can connect to the web UI of a remote physical & virtual managed device such as a firewall, lights-out server or SD-WAN appliance.
Access is proxied via Lighthouse VPN via a remote node, allowing simply, point & click access to what may be an otherwise unreachable remote device.
The basic steps to setup and use this feature are as follows:
1. Activate the Automation Gateway NetOps Module on an enrolled node, that is on the same network as the remote device that you wish to reach
2. Login to the Lighthouse web UI as a user with at least NetOps Modules: Read Only permission, and at least Nodes & Devices (Base): Read Only permission for the activated node
3. Click CONFIGURE > AUTOMATION GATEWAY > Devices
4. In the FILTER BY menu, select HTTPS or HTTP from the Services drop down
5. Locate the remote device by hostname or IP address
Hint: If many remote devices have been discovered, use the FILTER BY menu to search by full or partial device hostname or IP address.
6. To initiate a device access session, click the device's web UI icon
7. You are now connected the web UI of the remote device
Note: While a device access session is active, all new browser tabs and windows that connect to Lighthouse are proxied through to the remote device web UI.
8. To finish the device access session, click the link at the bottom of the device web UI:
This system is being accessed via Lighthouse - click here to return to Lighthouse
Article is closed for comments.